I challenge you to read

For the past 6-7 years I have been in college. There WAS a short break in there which I like to call "the time I didn't realize my Bachelor's degree didn't mean a thing". Because of all this school, I have really fallen out of the habit of reading for fun. I, in fact, have a stack of books in my nightstand just awaiting my read. And this stinks because I LOVE to read. My cute boyfriend and I were having a conversation about this reading dilemma and the fact that we are just too darn busy all the time. And I came up with this plan....
Before the end of January we both need to pick a book. It can really be anything or any length but just something for fun (ie: I cannot choose my anatomy book). Then every week we have to commit to one hour of reading. We will sit down together (perhaps in our favorite coffee spot) and just read. It doesn't have to be the same hour of the same day each week; rather just whenever we can fit it in. I don't want the guidelines to be so rigid that it just feels like another chore but instead just something fun that we hold each other accountable for.
I am now taking book suggestions. I enjoy anything about real people, places and things. I'm not good with anything fantasy.....also why I could never read Harry Potter. The boy is the real hard case. He likes to read but really really has fallen out of it. He needs a really good read (maybe even a series) to get excited about so that he really gets into it. Anything apocalyptic or zombie or even historical as long as it's intriguing.
So to recap

Books for Him




Books for me



2 comments:

  1. I read water for elephants during winter break. Really good! Kinda odd start, but a page turner. I like historical fiction, too, and this booi satisfied that craving for a little while.
    And I don't remember if he's read the Enders game books, but I heard the zombie version of sense and sensibility, or whatever that Jane Austin turned zombie novel was.
    That's my thoughts, atm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried The Glass Castle? I just finished it, and it's amazing. If you are looking for a memoir that will keep you grounded and make you want to count your blessings, this is it.

    ReplyDelete

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger