Currently.





Watching: A bit of everything. Shows for us: Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, The Voice, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock. Shows for me: Real Housewives (Beverly Hills & Atlanta), Grey's Anatomy, Once, & of course PARENTHOOD. ((pause for obvious sobbing)) Hopefully you don't judge me by this list. I'm a night owl and I work A LOT so TV is something I do to relax and escape.

Listening to: Christmas music. I'll take it on the crazy radio station in my car or my favorite is on my Bing Crosby pandora station while I'm working. It gets a little crazy sometimes in my work environment and the best way I know to escape is to hear Bing's beautiful voice singing "White Christmas". (swoon)

Thinking about: whew.... that's a real loaded one. Short answer: thinking about my beautiful Christmas tree and how happy I am about it. This is my first tree on my own as an adult and OUR first tree as a couple. I know it's probably such a small thing but when I smell that pine tree essence in our apt, see the twinkling lights and think about what special ornaments we'll be adding year after year.... it comforts my heart and makes me feel like all is right in the world; for just this moment.

Trying to figure out: what in the world I'm meant for. You know, just that is all. Haha. But seriously... I want to write. That's all I've ever REALLY wanted to do. I feel so at ease when I'm letting words fly across the screen in front of me and yet I know that right now I can't AFFORD to do that as a job. Or even put the effort into obtaining it in the first place. Writing jobs are few and far between. But I'll never get there if I never try. I must start trying.

Looking forward to: It's probably a bit of a given but.... Christmas. It's the one holiday where I feel like it's ok to hang out all day in your pj's, watch movies from when you were a kid, eat like there's no tomorrow (mmmm.... cinnamon rolls, cheese bits, wine, chocolate) and generally just feel safe and sound with the ones you love. It's also ONE DAY that my fella and I can genuinely be off from work together without having to make special arrangements and so we have made it a point to spend that one day at home.... since December 26th it's back to work for us.

Reading: The Fault in our Stars by John Green. So I decided to read this book because I had heard about it from many other bloggers and let me tell you; it does not disappoint. It's a terribly easy read (which I love sometimes since I read around 2am each night AND on my iPhone) but the story is also heart-wrenchingly beautiful and real. I recommend you read it. Like now. Please let me know if you have any good suggestions. I'm about to suffer from "I've reached the end of a book and am not ready to be detached from these characters because I'm now involved in their lives" phase. Help!

Making me happy: Paying off debts.... little by little. Of course it would probably help if I weren't distracted by so many great shopping deals online... but hey.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to Danielle for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger