Our Story {part two}

To read part one of our story…go here.


To get to the beginning of things between Cole and I you must first rewind back to January of 2005.

I was a freshman in college and he was five years older than me. I had just been hired for my very first job thanks to my roommate who quit and recommended that I replace her. I was hired over the phone during Christmas break and started the first week back to school in January.

Oh why hello there little freshman self.


I was making smoothies and wraps at a cute place called Dixon Cafe inside the rec center of our college. At the time Cole was also working at the cafe (as a manager) and also at the rec center which meant that he was at the building almost everyday of the week.



I remember the first MOMENT I saw him. He had on a polo and a pair of khaki cargo pants and the most stunning blue eyes you've ever seen. His dirty blond hair was styled but easy and he seemed quiet but confident. He smiled and my heart started racing and my knees literally felt weak. These two responses were not something I was used to ever feeling for a guy and over the next couple years I would feel them ALL THE TIME.

Because he worked at both the cafe and the rec center; he was almost always there when I would work. And he always stopped by to flash those sweet blue eyes and grab a smoothie before making his "rounds" to count the people in each of the exercise rooms. (Yes they do this at gyms....hourly in fact)

He didn't even have to look at me for my knees to go weak and my words to get flustered. I could be helping another customer at the register and if he was just nearby I'd end up handing them back the wrong number of $1 bills or forgetting to add protein powder to their smoothie. I knew for sure he didn't notice me....

Or so I thought. 

Until that Saturday shift where we worked all alone together... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger