1643 miles.

Now that I have officially lived in California for two weeks, I want to finally share with you what I've been up to. It's sincerely been a bit of a whirlwind as well as a lot of struggle actually.
As much fun as I've had, I've also been dealing with not working for the first time in my life (besides my handmade shop of course), not having any of my friends or family here, not knowing where anything is or even having money to go or do anything and really just a general sense of loneliness combined with boredom.
There's only so much you can do by yourself in a day before the regimen becomes very sad. I realize though that one day it IS my goal to be a writer and most likely working from home but at least at that point I'll have SO MUCH work to pour myself into that it won't be so noticeable that I'm home alone every day. And I plan to spend lots of time at coffee shops then too. ;)

Well anyway, let me share the fun stuff so you can see that it hasn't all been a struggle.

On Friday (9/16) I packed up my studio apartment into my cute little Jetta and no joke ya'll I used EVERY INCH of space in that car. My bestie (who came along with me for the trip) had to sit with her legs up on the dash for most of the 15hr drive. That's just how you roll when you move real far away with a lifetime of stuff to fit into one tiny car.
We spent the night with some friends of mine and EARLY the next morning got ready to go. Of course my car had a flat tire as soon as we got outside so we had to make a quick stop at Les Schwab and get it fixed, BUT then we got our Pumpkin Spice Lattes and were ON THE ROAD.


People aren't lying when they say that long drives are the pits but this was my first REALLY long drive as an adult and I can tell you.... it's not as much fun being the one DRIVING the 15hrs. I WAY prefer the days as a kid in the backseat of the car with all my fun activities and cool roadtrip games. But we DID have some rocking tunes and after only 3 stops for gas and 15 hours of CRAZINESS, we made it to California to see my wonderful fella at midnight. Just like Cinderella. Except without the stepsisters and pumpkin. 

Unfortunately my man has to work 12hr days most of the time as a brewer so I don't really see him too often but Tess and I certainly wanted to see some fun things so we decided first on our list was to hit KatVonD's famous tattoo shop and store. Not sure if anyone is a big LA Ink fan but this was totally a fun trip for me.




We also knew that we HAD to go to Vegas for a night because my cousin lives there (and works as a stylist at Aria) and it's only 4 hours from my new home. So Wednesday morning we headed out on roadtrip #2 and made our way through the desert to VEGAS!
 
My sweet fella booked us a room at Treasure Island for the night for only $67 and it was THE BEST experience. We played penny slots (first time gambling!), had free fun drinks (the strawberry daquiris were amazing) and then got all dolled up for our night out.


It was amazing. My cousin Val did all of our hair (I felt more incredible then I EVER have), her man Ricki joined us and we went out for an adventure! We saw all of old Vegas, got a drink to share that was taller than Tess (she IS only 5ft) and didn't make it back to bed until about 4am. I think all in all, we did Vegas. 

 The following morning we had our free brunch in the hotel and then drove to the airport where I said goodbye for now to my bestie. Then back in the car for another 4 hour drive back to my new home.


And now I'm home each day... crafting away for my shop, writing to you, organizing our first home together, looking for my dream job, doing laundry for two (which I honestly love) and just seeing what happens next. And when my fella gets his one day off a week we run out and find some CA fun. This weekend we hit the beach at Santa Monica. It was GORGEOUS. I'm already missing it.



I love these moments with my man. This Sunday (the 9th) will be our three year anniversary. It officially makes him my longest relationship. And the first boy I've ever lived with. We're going to Disneyland for the day and I couldn't be more excited to spend that day at the happiest place on earth with the man I love. Whoa cheeseball overload. Sorry, but it's true. Thanks so much to the families I worked for in Oregon for providing us the tickets as a going-away gift. I miss my littles SO MUCH these days it hurts. I'm such an emotional girl these days...eek!


AND if you made it through this entire post, I now have something exciting!


The WINNER of the Twillypop Giveaway IS.............


If this is you PLEASE email me. 

Thanks to everyone who participated! 
Xo.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger