Give a special welcome to Madaline of Paperclouds.
1. When did you begin your blog/shop and why?
I started Paper Clouds last August (Happy Birthday PC!) as a second creative outlet for myself. I'm a full time Graphic Designer for my church but wanted a second creative outlet where I could share my talents with others. People knew I was a Graphic Designer but I don't think they really knew WHAT a Graphic Designer was and how they could benefit from my talents.
Paper Clouds has given me a platform and a voice to share my talents as well as share my faith with those that are interested all the while getting something fun, pretty and purposeful!
2. What has been your greatest challenge as a handmade owner?
One of the biggest things of course is comparing yourself to others! It really doesn't matter how many sales you've got in your shop, how many people talk about you on Twitter, or that they didn't even know who you are. Not to mention you are CONSTANTLY having to put yourself out there! I'm the worlds worst about actually asking you to buy my product. I hate being pushy, because well I don't like pushy! If you like my products -- FANTASTIC! It means the world to me!
3. What's your favorite product to create?
By far one of my top favorite things is notecards! And the personalized or monogrammed ones are my favorites! I love seeing what color combos people choose. Mostly ones I never even thought of!
|Woo Pig Razorbacks Notecards (12 pack)|
|Pink Herringbone Notecards (12 pack)|
4. What are your top 5 favorite shops/blogs?
The blogs I check daily are:
1. Jones Design Company:: so inspiring, creative, a wonderfully Godly woman.
2. Under The Sycamore:: mother, creator, crazy creative, and so Godly an passionate about her faith
3. Design by LuLu:: recently discovered, designer, creative, and cute paper goods!
4. Design Editor:: another recent find, but a lovely simple designer
5. Emily Lime Design:: if you were to look through my recent etsy purchases...you would see ALL of her fonts. I'm a sucker for a good font.
5. Favorite experience as a shop owner?
SO MANY! Christmas was an awesome time for me last year! I was just getting started with my shop and had tons of custom orders for presents as well as Christmas Cards. Each one was unique and I spent a lot of time looking for inspiration and the perfect envelopes to match the cards! I can't wait for this year!!
Thanks so much for listening to me ramble. I've got a ton of new products in the works!
*Those that sign up for my newsletter get instant access to free printables as well as staying up to date on the newest Paper Clouds happenings and discount codes!
Isn't Madaline so sweet? I just love her notecards. She sent me a pack awhile back and I use them constantly for quick customer thank you's as well as just saying hello to a friend.
Right now you can save 15% off your order at Paperclouds by using the code: BEAUTIES15
And we've also got a giveaway for you today. Madaline is giving away a customized return address stamp! She's JUST added these to her shop and they are absolutely gorgeous! I will definitely be getting my hands on one of these for business AND personal use.