Target

I love Target. I mostly try to stay away from it because almost everytime I go there, because I have of course come to the last roll of TP and need to restock quickly and for cheap, I always end up spending nearly $100 on so much other stuff I never knew I needed.
Well this morning I had an eye appointment (and now I have happy eyes) and what was across the street? But of course Target. And what did I have planned for the remainder of the day? Studying for anatomy. So clearly I decided to stop in. Just real quick.....to get TP. This by the way is the very best kind:




But anyways....
Today was the most successful Target shop I've ever had. Not only was everything on amazing sale, but I had some amazing lucky events occur that never happen in my life ever. So I must share. I did my swoop of the store....tried on clothes, looked at shoes, shopped in the tool aisle (because honestly I just have to see everything just in case I didn't know I needed a hammer for $2.49 which I actually do need and now regret NOT getting) and after grabbing a bag of goldfishes made my way to the checkout. Usually I have a running total in my head that I've already talked myself into thinking is reasonable to spend at Target because clearly I NEED everything in my basket....especially the three snack items. This time I assumed I was spending around $60, which is very good considering I'm almost never out of there without dropping a good hundy. Ha, that's $100 for those who don't speak ghetto, ahem, me.
Everything rang up, I slid my card and found myself doing a double take and actually saying, "wow that's awesome" when I saw my total was just $30!! Of course I doubted the situation but I really just felt happy about the smaller dent in my bank account and decided to get going to Starbucks for some studying.
Yum


Well once I had settled into Starbucks I pulled out the new earbuds I bought for the Ipod my little sister graciously donated to her poor pathetic Ipod-less, 13yr older sister; and decided to also check out my Target receipt to really see how I made out so good. As I cracked open the shiny new buds and downloaded Itunes I scanned the receipt and found my super soft new sweater which was on sale for $12 had rung up as $4! Freaking amazing. So that's why I made out awesomely....but wait, the total should still be higher. So I continued down the list. After ignoring how many freaking snacked goods I had walked out with I came upon the true deal of my day.
My poor sweet non-observant checker girl had rang in my $2 V-day card for Cole (which will be displayed later) twice and totally missed my earbuds! However as I was currently holding said buds in my hand; clearly I still made out pretty well.
Now I know....normally I would feel terrible in this case because I SHOULD go back, mention the mishap, and feel really great about myself as an honest person. BUT, I had already opened them, already left the store, and really..... I think with all the $$ I send Target's way, perhaps this is just their way of giving it back to me. ;)
Either way I feel good about it, my mind will not be changed, and yes I LOVE my earbuds. I got the infamous "Skull Candy" ones that all the more technical people say are awesome. 
 Oh, and thank you little sister for this:
 It really was a good day. And I got so much studying done. But alas, I will NEVER be done studying. So of course now I am doing this with boyfriend:

Perfect. Happy Monday to you!

1 comments:

  1. So this year I'd decided that I'm going to save my family $$$ by shopping smart. Researching deals is keys but guess what...there's a cheat sheet website called Hip2Save on Facebook even. They tell you where to shop,how to shop,coupons to print...you can even get stuff for FREE. Just an example...
    Did you know that Targets website has over 70 coupons that just got released this year. Not to mention you can use their coupons and stack them w/manufacture coupons and get stuff for dirt cheap...I got mustard yesturday for 49 cents!

    Hope this helps,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger