Home is....

I've had the very good luck of getting to visit my home (Portland, OR) twice this summer with my man. We dearly miss all of our friends and family out there and also just the city itself.




Thankfully all of our closest friends got together and decided to get married in the same summer so that we could have lots of good excuses to come home and enjoy some time.

And I must tell you about what I've learned. I've learned that there will always be places that you can go to and have that "home" connection with. You're just there and it doesn't matter how long it's been since you were last there or who you know that still lives there.... it's that you were once connected to this place, created memories there and now it's home.



I've moved around my entire life. I can't even tell you how many "homes" I've lived in because the number is probably pretty ridiculous. But the point of the matter is.... I have a connection to each place. Arizona always feels like home because of my grandfather's HUGE house and the beautiful desert sunsets. Nevada is my home because it's the place I used to vacation to visit my dad and make memories as a child with him. Massachusetts is a HUGE home for me since it's where my mom and I became best friends and where I learned to fall in love with being myself. Corvallis, OR is definitely my home because it's where I went away to college and lived on my own for the very first time. 



And when we first moved to LA I never really thought I'd consider this place a home. It was somewhere that we'd live for awhile and then return to our "REAL" home of Portland. But I have to admit that I've learned LA is my home too. I'm building a life and memories here. It's the first place my love and I have lived together and because of that our relationship has grown so much stronger.

Home is..... any place you feel connected.

And now that I understand that.... I feel like I can really soak in my time in all these different places because one day, when I'm not here anymore.... I'll miss it. But I can always come back and feel right at home. And honestly, I'd rather have a million places I feel at home; than none at all.



If you want more seriously beautiful posts be sure to follow along with: 
 Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger