twenty-five.

When I was little I always had this grand thought that 25 would be THE age. There was something special about the number and I had a strong feeling all my life that something would HAPPEN at that time. Of course I never had any idea what the "something" should or would be.... but it never occurred to me to care.




I did however at least believe that by 25 I would be married, most likely either have one child or be working on it. ;) I thought I'd be settled into a career that I got from having accomplished my Bachelor's degree. I pictured a house with cute photos of my family everywhere and one of those fellas who makes you CRAZY but in the best way and you cannot believe really exists.





I had all kinds of dreams. I thought I'd have myself figured out.


Boy, was I wrong.


I turned 25 in March of this year. My fella turned 30 (sorry babe!) three days before me so I threw him a big surprise party at his favorite brewery. He got to snowboard and see lots of friends and family and I was just SO HAPPY to do it for him. Honestly though, that BIG DEAL 2-5 that I had been waiting my ENTIRE life for... turned out to be just another birthday. There was dinner and a movie date with my love, but nothing life changing occurred.

Source: google.com via Mary on Pinterest



And since turning 25?


Well, a lot has definitely happened this year. Starting a WONDERFUL blog and learning about an amazing community of people. Starting an amazing handmade business that allows me an outlet to be creative and share that with others. Leaving Oregon. Leaving my beautiful little girls (that I nannied for) that I ADORE and I'm sad to be without everyday.  Moving to California. Living with a BOY. Being totally in love. Not working a real life job for a few months and feeling the loss of income. Figuring out what I genuinely want to do as a career. Trying to figure out how to achieve that while still paying the bills. Getting published as a writer (and PAID!).





a lot has happened. 

But there are still days. When I think.... "I'm 25. Almost ALL of my friends are married and most of those also have babies. Many people my age own a house and a car. Almost everyone has a pet of some kind. People my age are HAPPY in their CAREER."


And me.... I'm working two jobs that aren't my passion but I'm doing to pay the bills. I owe $40,000+ in debt from school. I live in an apartment and would DIE for a house (even just to rent) and a dog (and cat too!). I own a sewing machine that I'd love to have time to learn to use. I KNOW I could be a fantastic writer if I could just get a job full-time. I have SO MANY goals.....




So really this isn't a post to say... "gosh my life is so not cool". 

It's a post to say I'm working at it. It's not where I thought it would be, or where the majority of others may be... but that's not my life. 

This is a post to inform my childhood self.... 25 is just another number. It doesn't stand for anything. Just go after what YOU want for YOURSELF and the rest will come. Oh, and try not to be so grumpy. And wear sunscreen. And drink water. Ugh, nevermind..... too much to tell you. Just remember the first part. Mkay?

Source: flickr.com via Tara on Pinterest



So don't worry if you aren't "where you think you should be"  whatever your age or place in life is. Also don't compare your life to others. This is your journey and it's unique to you. If you don't have something that you want....figure out how to get it.





And remember to let go of all the worries once in awhile and just be. Chances are there's something to enjoy just about today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger