On my [heart]

My lovely friend Casey has a new linky challenge for us. 
I decided I really wanted to participate.
We have every Friday to share what is on our heart. 
You can share too. 
I will show you how to after my share time. 

Here it goes:

Currently my heart is quite confused.
I've been having a lot of those "talk at boyfriend" convos lately.
You know the kind that make you feel like a nutcase,
and him like you'll never stop talking.
But he usually listens quite well. 
sometimes.

 I've written here and here
why my heart is so frustrated and confused lately.
And yet no matter how much I move forward,
toward making it happier,
it still feels this way.
It's like I'm trapped in a circle! 



 And I know I need to have patience 
and confidence
But truth be told, 
those are not my strong points. 

Tonight I am going to put together a "pitch" of sorts.
An introduction.
Of myself as a writer, 
and my children's book series. 
And next week a real life children's book publisher,
is going to READ it.

YIKES.

This is the dream.
But I am terrified of it.
Why?

Who knows what she'll say. 
Plus...
I'm not worried that she won't publish it.
She probably won't. 
And that's ok, because I WILL get published someday.
By someone.
But I'm more worried that she won't like it at all.
That she'll laugh in my face.
And that I'll have wasted my time and creative effort for no reason. 
  And I know none of this is valid. 
I know she won't laugh in my face.
Even if she hates it, 
She'll give me feedback that's useful.
But it's just a scary thing.

BUT....
If I want to be this:

via

...AND I REALLY REALLY 
WANT TO.

 Then I have to do the work.
Scary,
Or
Not. 


That's what's on my heart this week. 

 
Now,
Click this button.
Photobucket

Blog.
And share your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it!!! You are so brave; don't let fear keep you from achieving your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome your work is being read by a publisher! I know exactly how you feel; I've been writing children's books on the side when I have time (which seems like never...) and maybe some day I'll get up the guts to actually send out copies to some publishers. Meanwhile, I admire your courage and good luck accomplishing your dreams! :)

    ReplyDelete

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger