five.


 I've been dating this hunk of a guy now for FIVE years. And what's more interesting to know is that I've been friends with him for the past nine.  In honor of our awesomeness and my super love for him I'd like to share the following five stories // one from each year we've been together.


 one // when we began our relationship we knew we'd be doing it apart. It wasn't until after this begun that I knew how challenging it would become for us and how many obstacles we'd face. But every time I visited you it felt like we were just where we were supposed to be. Like our relationship was a book and each new visit was just turning the page and seeing what was next. I'll never forget how excited I was every drive I made to your house and how much closer I felt to you every time I traveled back home. 



two // In true Oregon style, the first time we made a trip to the pumpkin patch together it poured rain. But that didn't stop us from getting hot cider, riding on the hay truck, taking goofy photos with our faces in the holes of the scarecrows and picking out a pumpkin! It was during this trip that I saw us doing this together year after year, that I saw your sweet spirit to stay with me and pick out a pumpkin in the pouring rain and that I saw you could have fun no matter what the circumstance. And also.... that I like to close my eyes for pictures.



three // The move to California. Through every other challenge we've faced together this one definitely almost broke us. But I stand by the fact that we made the right choice for ourselves and for "us" together and it's brought us to the BEST part of our relationship. We've learned to live together, support each other and take time to have fun together. Packing our bags and leaving home behind and friendships behind wasn't easy but it's brought us to our best selves. 



four // Our first Christmas tree. It's not a secret that the holidays aren't your favorite. But you are the VERY best at making things special for me when you know it's something I love. So we got a tree. And dragged it down the hall, into the house and fought with all those sticky branches to stand it up. Then we had a glass of wine, vacuumed the entire apartment building and got to decorating. You helped me hang a giant box of sparkly, glittering green and red balls on every available branch and then you even let me turn off all the lights and just gaze at it for forever when we finished. That tree will ALWAYS be such a special memory for our Christmases to come. It only had a few small gifts under it but the soft twinkling lights and the warm smell of pine were gift enough. You even loved it. 



five // On the same page together. Knowing that you make me laugh, you keep me safe/supported/happy and we want the same awesome moments from life. That I can count on your soft kiss on my head every morning and your sweet smile as you climb into bed each night. That you fight for your happiness, my happiness and OUR happiness and I can trust in you as my partner. That no matter what kind of craziness I get myself into or when I'm doing the ugly cry.... you'll hug me and help me past it. And most importantly that you cook like a god. I love you everyday. And I hope we get to grow old and stinky together. Thank you for being my best friend. xo.






If you want more seriously beautiful posts be sure to follow along with:
 Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger