Must-Have Apps {seriously}

Last year I made the plunge from my beloved Blackberry to the iPhone. I don't have a regular camera {yet, wink wink boyfriend} and so I knew I wanted to change phones just so that I could take better pictures for the blog with the many great iPhone apps but I had no idea how many other great programs I would find and fall in love with.

Today... I'd like to take you through my list of MUST-HAVE Apple applications. Like seriously people. And if you don't have an iPhone, iPad, or i-anything... may this list convince you to either lust or make the plunge.





photography





 one: Instagram


Not only do I use this app daily to take gorgeous pictures {even bad hair days look good through this app} but their news feed keeps me up-to-date with other bloggy friends and is a great resource for letting your readers know what's going on with your blog/shop.



cost: free






two: Diptic


This app I usually use about 3-4 times a week. Basically it makes collages. You can also upload those collages to any social media source of your choosing so it's a great resource for outfit posts, shop updates, anything really.


cost: $.99



three: labelbox
 
Labelbox was recently introduced to me and now I LOVE it so dearly. You can use "tape" to add captions to any photo you take in your albums. Then you can use their sister app "Steply" to upload those photos to your favorite social media outlets (including Instagram).



cost: free    {extra cost for additional tape selections}





four: red stamp

The wonderful creation red stamp is amazing because who has time to send cards and letters all year long? This app lets you design your own happy note {including photo} and send it to the recipient via social media app, email, text, or they'll even print and send a paper copy on your behalf.  Rad.


cost: free  {additional cost to send paper version of cards}

 

crafting and handmade



one: michaels

Oh Michaels, how I love thee.... especially when in a crafting pinch. But I do not love paying full price for ANYTHING. Therefore this app comes in especially handy if I ran into this store and totally forgot to bring any current coupons. You can pull up any current coupons and they'll scan them right from your phone. Viola! and whew! 


cost: free







two: jo ann's 


This of course is the identical sister app to the michael's one. Has all the same features and really comes in handy when you just need those coupons. Also, the location finder is nice when you are in a new area and not sure where to find the closest craft store! 


cost: free






three: Etsy


But of course I recommend that everyone {etsy shop owner or not} to have this wonderful app. It's even easier to browse and shop then on your laptop and I do most of my purchasing, "hearting" and more on this app. It's not however built for shop maintenance. But maybe they'll add it?

cost: free









four: pinterest


If you haven't joined this crazy amazing site.... you'd better. Not only is it an awesome time-suck of beautifulness but it's also a great social media tool. From recipes, crafts to just beautiful ideas this app is like a inspiration board that you can carry with you. And this is another app that I prefer to use over the actual website. It does crash and have bugs from time to time but the developers are always quick to get it running and even better. 


cost: free




games



 one: words with friends

I mean.... of course. A scrabble game that you can play with any friend on your own timeline? Fabulous. I think once I had 20 different games going at one time. A must-have for those bored moments where you want to stretch your brain. 

cost: free   {or $.99 for the non-ad version}






two: angry birds {original, seasons and rio}

Do you need all three versions of this game? Well.... no. But are you going to play so often that you need MORE challenging levels and awesome birds to fling? Uh, yes! Trust me.... worth the fun. 


cost: free trials   {usually $.99 for paid versions, wait for sales}






entertainment



 one: hulu plus

If you are paying for cable, you are silly. I haven't had cable in nearly 4 years and I really don't miss it. For less than $10/month you can get hulu plus and watch all your fav shows. And that's why I love this app. Perfect way to catch up on my "Parenthood" episodes when waiting at the DMV or laundry mat.  

cost: free



two: netflix

Same story as before. We have the instant-only netflix {cheapest option} and it's perfect. We can watch a movie if we're feeling a snuggle-in type of night. Or start a new TV show like our newest Sunday morning obsession of "MadMen". Swoon. And with this app I can also indulge in an episode or two of "Say yes to the Dress" while getting laundry done. Great app. 

cost: free


 three: starbucks

If you aren't a coffee addict.... not sure we understand each other. Ha, just kidding. Maybe. This app is IT. You can load money right onto it and pay using just your phone! Using this method you also earn rewards and become a VIP member at the popular chain. Plus you can build-your-own drinks and find out exactly what's in each beverage. I adore this app. 

cost: free


 

Those are my favorites. I know the list is growing rapidly and there are many more that I have on my phone that I didn't share today but genuinely these are what I use DAILY. 


What are your favorite, cannot live without, must have apps? I'd love to have something new! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger