a happy and a sad

Yesterday I had an amazing meeting with the editor-in-chief of a local food/drink paper. We had been connected through a friend and I was STOKED for the opportunity to talk to her about my writing. If you are new to following me, let me fill you in.

I've LOVED to write my entire life. But I for some strange reason never thought I could make anything of it. Insert blogging world. I started my blog in January of this year and have never been happier. I get to share my voice and that's the greatest feeling ever. Even if I'm the ONLY reader. :) I have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood (whoop) and I'm currently working as a nanny. It's a great job but wiping noses and singing ABC's daily doesn't exactly fulfill my heart and my mind. It's lonely when you want to just have an adult conversation but even your time with adults is spent talking "kid". I knew this year that I needed to make a change and start following my true heart. 

via
 
So here I am now. Writing for all of you (LOVING IT) and trying to freelance (professionally and for money). It's a hard journey but each step I take in the right direction just feels GOOD. It's like I can actually feel myself climbing UP a ladder instead of trying super hard to climb and only standing STILL. Anyone know what I mean?

I had this meeting yesterday and it was amazing. She wants me to write for her but beyond that we connected at an emotional level. We talked men, lifestyle, experiences, food......it was like meeting a friend for coffee....but for the first time. We just clicked.

via 

And then I went home and got horribly sick. Definitely food poisoning. HAVE NEVER FELT SO TERRIBLE and I've had ovarian cysts that detached, wandered my insides and then burst. Food poisoning is NO JOKE. Ugh.

But enough on all that. I have a Winner today for you all. The winner of the giggles, glitz and glam giveaway is.......

So email me so that I can hook you up with your custom TUTU.  Congrats and thanks to everyone who entered! Happy Weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger