On my [heart]

Wow I am exhausted. Does anyone else feel this way this week? I love my blog and crafting so much and yet somehow I never make enough time for the things I love the most. Frustrating for sure.
But what's really on my heart this week is this:

via  & via

.....FINDING MY OWN APT! I just LOVE everything here and wish I could have spaces of my own to decorate like this.

I have really been irritated with my living situation lately. I live with roommates, in a house that isn't mine or that I can stake ANY kind of claim to because I literally just rent a room there. The color of my room is cotton candy purple and it's always ridiculously cold in there. People are loud. I get NO SLEEP at night. I'm hardly there because my fella doesn't have a vehicle and so I typically am the one driving and staying at his place. (Note the exasperation when I state that fact) I just feel like at 25 years old I want to be in MY OWN SPACE. I need a craft area (right now it's a bag) and the ability to decorate.
This is especially hard for me because all through college I lived on my own in my own apts. I LOVED having full-control over every piece of living space and just that privacy. It's just HOW I unwind. And I think NOT having this for the last TWO years has been a major point of stress and anxiety in my life.
Don't get me wrong either; I would LOVE to live with my fella. We spend SO MUCH of our time together already and I just think besides being easier (than living out of a duffel bag 4-5 days a week) it would also be comfortable and fun. But it's not a step he's ready for yet. Sigh. 
SO I need my own place. And I'm searching. But Portland is a tricky city. It's beautiful but CRAZY expensive and living alone is pretty much the most costly thing you can do. Unless you are a good searcher like me. I will find a place. Make it my own. And be HAPPY. 

Linking up with ....
Link your heart

5 comments:

  1. you go girl. living with roommates bites. prayin' that you find a nice cheap place.
    xxO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas for home decor.....it all begins with a dream in your heart...continue to speak it put. Our words have creative power - when we put it out there it is amazing what can happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck on your hunt! I am anti living with a bf, he's got to put a ring on it ;) keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those painted kitchen cabinets are just lovely. i wish i could paint ours. someday ... sigh. ;)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, apartment hunting! I feel your pain - roommates, no space, boo! I live in Minneapolis/St. Paul and even studios cost an arm and a leg. :(

    ReplyDelete

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger