A Secret

There are many things I really dislike doing. Anatomy tops the list. I am taking it to get into a program to get a certification for a job that I really could care less about. But I know I need a good career. But where's the motivation when you choose something that just pays the bills? I know, bills paid should be motivating. Unfortunately as John Lennon says, I'm a dreamer. And I'm not the only one. Listen. Love.
So here's my secret. Also known as, what I really do like.

I LOVE to write.



I've always felt so relaxed while writing. Partly why I love to blog. Also just because I love getting my thoughts out and sharing them with the world. You. I've been wondering for a very long time if I missed my boat. Am I supposed to be a writer? Should I have majored in Journalism? It was on my list of options when I first started the college adventure. But I never thought it could take me anywhere. Ironically, that's where I am now. No where land.

This is my plan:

I've been working with littles (kiddos) for about 10 years now. More on that later. But it's been inspiring for me in two ways. 1) I may never have kids of my own. 2) I know what kind of stories kids like to hear. The latter fact has really sparked my writing mind and I've been writing books whenever they come to me and keeping them in my Blackberry. I keep them in my notepad, and add to them whenever I have a free moment and feel inspired. 
The next step is to move forward and start submitting them to publishers. Scary. And time consuming.
 
Here are a few of my dream publishers: 




Those are just a few of my all time favorites. But there are thousands of publishers. And they all have different guidelines for submitting a manuscript. But I have a mission. And a series. Will I get published? I sure wish I could have a job that I loved. And quit school and just write. But I dream.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger