Yesterday.

Yesterday I woke up and was excited to write you a post. I had several ideas floating around my head and I was anxious to pin them down and get them to you. But then......the virus happened. Or at least I assume that's what caused the mess on my beautiful computer and destroyed everything that was normal and comforting to me. First my screen went nuts with weird boxes that wouldn't close and programs running that seemed normal but would not let me do anything else. Then when I would figure out a way to restart (and hopefully put the mess away) my computer would almost restart but get stuck every time just BEFORE finishing the restart. THEN... I would have to give it a HARD restart (you know... push the actual power button) and it would come back all the way but with a black screen and no icons. Also, there were no programs in my windows bar. Ugh.



Well needless to say eventually I figured out a way to do a system restore and whew...once that happened, everything appeared to be normal again. Until I went to find my photos, documents and every other important item on my computer.  Pretty much anything I had EVER saved and worked hard on and WANTED to keep..... was gone. And I KNOW that I should have backed these items up. It's true I've learned this lesson before....losing years of pictures and hours of music. But for some reason I live ignorantly every time and forget about the horrible bugs that destroy the life of your computer.

Source: twitpic.com via Bobbi on Pinterest


So now today I sit here feeling very defeated and crossing my fingers and toes that nothing bad happens again. I'm actually nervous to turn it off because I worry it won't turn back on. Why oh why do people have to create evil viruses? And more important.....how did I get this one? Also.....why does the stupid system restore delete all your stuff? I've tried a few free programs from online to "recover" my files but one couldn't find them and the other took all afternoon and night and found the files (or so it said) but wanted me to buy the premium version of their program before it would release them to me. Home girl cannot even afford lunch today nevermind some program that's trying to tease me by saying it FOUND my files but first I have to pay for them. I MADE them, their MY files....give them back!



Well here's to hoping that your day is better than mine.
I'm going to try to be inspired enough to craft and probably just watch terrible movies in my pjs while not showering. Something for my fella to look forward to when he gets home. Oy ve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger