Por Que No

I know I've been a bit absent lately. I apologize. I blame it on the fact that I really need a new planner. In fact I'd love some Etsy recommendations for one because I figure if it's super cute; I'll probably use it more and ergo my life will be much happier from all the cute organization. Right?

But I've also just been trying to enjoy my time a bit more lately. I told fella the other day that my life has been feeling like it's measured by checklists. And while I do love a good list (they are EVERYWHERE in my days), I also hate to feel like activities such as "hang out with really good friend A" or "eat lunch" are just something I HAVE to do in order to make it from the beginning of the day to the end so I can move on. Does that make sense? I don't want to feel like everything is always so scheduled.



So this last Sunday we went on a date. Not an official one. Nothing was planned. We just went out. Had lunch at a favorite restuarant, randomly met my bestie friend for drinks afterward and just enjoyed the day.



There was no blogging. There was no crafting. There was no talk of work. Just time enjoyed with my fella and my friend. We had some real conversations. And just lived. And if you are ever in Portland you should pop on by to Por Que No. It's crazy ridiculous good.



Don't get me wrong. I LOVE all of those activities I just spoke of that I did not do. But occasionally I let them take over my ENTIRE life and I forget to just live. So this post was just to remind myself and YOU to live sometimes. Nothing is more important than that. And it makes for better blog posts.....ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

show me some love.

« »

Categories

[heart] (10) {A Day in the Life} (4) {Thrifted Thursdays} (13) 2013 (2) 4sponsor (3) adoption (1) all things culinary (1) anniversary (1) apps (2) Aspirations (12) awkward and awesome. (2) baking (1) Be Sensational (1) birthdays (10) Blog design (2) blogiversary (1) blowfish (6) Books (2) boyfriend (34) bucket list (1) Button (1) cards (1) care (6) causes (2) change (1) change4change (1) christmas (1) CHWH (1) coaching (1) coffee (3) conference (1) cooking (1) crafty (5) Currently. (9) design.decorate (3) DIY (3) dog (1) drinks (1) etsy (29) eyeglam (2) fall (4) family (2) Fashion (12) Favorite lovelies (23) features (2) first one (1) food (2) fridayis (1) friends (11) gifts (1) giveaways (26) glasses (3) GroopDealz (2) growing (1) guest post (1) hair (1) hair pretties (6) happiness (4) headbands (2) health & fitness (2) holidays (5) home (1) hoop art (3) inspiring (5) Instagram (3) iPhone (4) Italy (2) itsok (1) jewelry (1) lifestyle (1) linky (9) little things (5) living (1) los angeles (1) love (9) maintainence (1) mani-monday (1) meetmark (1) modcloth (2) Molly (1) Momma (2) mommas (3) motivation (1) movies (1) moving (5) music (1) musings (4) Nanny (1) new house (1) ombre (1) our story (2) outdoors (2) pickling (1) pinterest (1) pintrest (5) polyvore (1) reality (2) recipes (17) relaxation (2) sad day (1) sale (4) sales (1) SAVETHEBOOBIES (2) seriously amazing + seriously whaaat (1) shakes (1) shop my closet (2) shopkempt (1) Shopping (7) sick day (2) SNAP (1) southern california (1) special events (3) sponsored (1) Sponsors (11) stories (1) sunshine (3) sweet treats (1) switzerland (1) taking stock (2) tattoo (1) thankful (5) the good stuff (25) the tweet (1) thoughts (4) travel (2) trips (1) tutorial (1) vacation (1) vintage (2) winner (12) WIWW (10) xoxo (44) Yummy (21)
Beautiful Blendings 2011. Please ask before taking any pictures or words. Thanks. Xo. Tara. Powered by Blogger.

BEAUTIFUL BLENDINGS All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger